Monday 11 July 1988
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Joan Smalls and Yuka Iguchi.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to The Flame by Cheap Trick.
In UK Nothing's Gonna Change My Love For You by Glenn Medeiros was in the top 5 hits.
Die Hard, directed by John McTiernan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Alaska by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Adventures of Bayou Billy or Crazy Climber 2.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1988!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1988 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Joan Smalls: Model.
- Yuka Iguchi: Japanese voice actress.
- Étienne Capoue: French footballer.
- Natalya Zhedik: Russian basketball player.
- Mike Tyson hires Donald Trump as an advisor
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?