Wednesday 3 March 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
The Black Pirate, directed by Albert Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1926 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Heinz Knobloch: German writer and columnist who has lived in Berlin since 1935.
- Joseph Anthony Ferrario: American Catholic prelate (d. 2003).
- Lys Assia: Swiss singer.
- James Ingram Merrill: US poet / author (Scripts for the Pageant).
- James Merrill: American author poet and playwright (d. 1995).
- Cathy Downs: American model and actress, an out-doors type leading lady of film. She started as a model, seen in Vogue and Mademoiselle, and signed a contract with Fox in 1944. Starring in over 23 films, she was most successful in her appearance in "My Darling Clementine," released in 1946. Her subsequent roles were mostly in low-budget action pictures.
- Cyril Metodej Hrazdira: Composer, dies at 58.
- International Greyhound Racing Association formed (Miami, Florida).
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Sleepy Time Gal - Nick Lucas
- Paddlin' Madelin' Home - Ipana Troubadors
- Just a Cottage Small - Franklyn Baur
- That Certain Party - Billy Jones & Ernest Hare
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?