Friday 12 March 1926
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gudrun Ure and Hildy Park in Washington.
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 12 March 1926 ?
- Ancient Latvia - Gregoru Diena observed.
- Flag Day in Venezuela.
- "National Day" of the Republic of Jamtland
- Sweden - Namesday of Crown Princess Victoria, an Official Flag Day.
- Mauritius - National Day.
- St. Justina
- St. Jozefina
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast day of: St. Theophanes the Confessor
- Arbor Day in China.
- St. Maximilian
- Gudrun Ure: British actress (Lady MacBeth, BBC Sorcerer).
- Hildy Park in Washington: DC, USA; actress (To Tell the Truth).
- John C[lellon] Holmes: US writer (Horn).
- Rolv Berger Yttrehus: Composer.
- Ronald Alley: art gallery manager (Tate Gallery).
- George R: Ariyoshi; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Hawaii).
- David Oliver: Williams; trade unionist (COHSE).
- George Ariyoshi: American politician, he was Governor of Hawaii, a Democrat. Married with three children.
- Freddie Williams: Welsh motorcycle racer (d. 2013)
- Pope Pius XI names J E van Roey archbishop of Malines, Belgium.
- Denmark begins unilateral disarmament.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 12 March 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Dinah - Cliff Edwards
- Henry Burr & Billy Murray - I Wonder Where My Baby is To-night?
- Gene Austin - I Never Knew
- Then I'll be Happy - Whispering Jack Smith
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?