Wednesday 24 March 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dario Fo and Rowena Jackson.
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1926 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Dario Fo: Italian writer, a radical playwright and winner of the 1997 Nobel Prize for Literature.
- Rowena Jackson: New Zealand dancer, the most loved prima ballerina of her day, noted for her "fouettes" (turns), for which she held the world record.
- Bill Porter: American runner, Olympic track and field gold medal champion, he won the 110 meter hurdles at the 1948 London games.
- Desmond Connell: Cardinal Archbishop Emeritus of Dublin.
- William Porter: American hurdler (d. 2000).
- Ventsislav Yankov: Bulgarian pianist and educator
- The Beehive in the Hague opens 1st escalator in the Netherlands
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 24 March 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- A Little Bungalow - Roger Wolfe Kahn & His Orchestra
- Carolina Stomp - Fletcher Henderson & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?