Wednesday 17 March 1926
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1926.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1926 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
- Denise Labbe: French homicide; infanticide.
- Siegfried Lenz: Polish-German author and playwright (d. 2014).
- Marjory Shedd: Canadian badminton player (d. 2008).
- Aleksei Brusilov: Russian general (Born 1853).
- Dutch Calvinists oust Reverend J G Geelkerken over Genesis 3.
- Spain and Brazil prevent Germany joining League of Nations.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Al Jolson - I'm Sitting on Top of the World
- Sleepy Time Gal - Art Landry & His Orchestra
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?