Saturday 27 March 1926
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacques Villeglé and Bill Bagnall.
Waxworks, directed by Leo Birinsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 March 1926!
Which were the important events of 27 March 1926 ?
- St. Augusta
- Angolan Victory Day.
- World Theatre Day
- St. John of Egypt
- St. Lydia
- Feast day of Rupert of Salzburg in the Roman Catholic Church.
- Jacques Villeglé: French mixed-media artist and affichiste famous for his alphabet with symbolic letters and decollage with ripped or lacerated posters.
- Bill Bagnall: American publisher founded Motorcyclist Magazine (d. 2006).
- Louis Blom-Cooper: English lawyer author and academic.
- Frank O'Hara: American poet and critic (d. 1966).
- Georges Vezina: Canadian ice hockey player (Born 1887).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 27 March 1926
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1926 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Five Foot Two, Eyes Of Blue - Gene Austin
- Sleepy Time Gal - Gene Austin
- John McCormack - Just a Cottage Small
- A Cup of Coffee, A Sandwich, and You - Gertrude Lawrence & Jack Buchanan
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?