Saturday 3 March 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Hattie Winston in Greenville and Bruno Filippini.
The Picture of Dorian Gray, directed by Albert Lewin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 3 March 1945 ?
- United States - Bonza Bottler Day
- Bulgaria - Liberation Day.
- Malawi - Martyr's Day.
- Hinamatsuri - Japanese celebration day for girls.
- Hattie Winston in Greenville: Mississippi, USA; actress (Nurse, Electric Company).
- Bruno Filippini: Italian singer, mainly successful in the 1960s.
- George Miller: Australian film director.
- Hattie Winston: American actress.
- Roermond / Venlo Neth, freed
- RAF bombing error hits The Hague killing 511.
- US and Philippine forces recaptures Corregidor.
- U.S. forces gain control of all three airfields on Iwo Jima.
- US 7th Army occupies last part of Westwall.
- World War II: A former Armia Krajowa unit massacres at least 150 Ukrainian civilians in Paw?okoma, Poland.
- Finland declares war on the Axis powers.
- United States and Filipino troops take Manila, Philippines.
- A possible experimental atomic test blast occurs at the Nazis' Ohrdruf military testing area.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Rum and Coca-cola - Vaughn Monroe & His Orchestra
- Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra - More and More
- Sentimental Journey - Les Brown & His Orchestra (Vocal Doris Day)
- Rum and Coca-Cola - Abe Lyman & His California Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?