Saturday 24 March 1945
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 24 March 1945 ?
- World Tuberculosis Day.
- Saint Simeon (died 1475)
- Ancient Latvia - Kazimiras Diena observed.
- Saint Catharine of Sweden ((died 1381)
- Robert Bakker: American paleontologist and academic.
- Curtis Hanson: American director producer and screenwriter.
- Patrick Malahide: English actor and screenwriter.
- Robert T Bakker: American paleontologist.
- Thomas Rennie: General-Major (Dutch command 51st Highland Division), dies.
- Gen Eisenhower, Montgomery and Bradley discuss advance in Germany
- Largest one-day airborne drop, 600 transports and 1300 gliders
- Operation Varsity: British, US and Canadian airborne landings E of Rhine
- (1000 hours) Operation Varsity begins, as 134 American and British gliders cross the Rhine River, landing paratroops in Wesel, Germany.
- US minesweepers reach Kerama Retto, South coast of Okinawa.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- (All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings - Johnnie Johnston
- Martha Tilton - I Should Care
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 24 March 1945 and get them!