Friday 30 March 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Life and Death of Colonel Blimp, directed by Michael Powell, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 March 1945!
Which were the important events of 30 March 1945 ?
- Saint John Climacus (died 649)
- Easter in 1975, 1986, 1991, and 1997.
- Roman Empire - Festival devoted to Salus.
- Land Day.
- Spiritual Baptist/Shouter Liberation Day - Public holiday in Trinidad and Tobago.
- National Doctors' Day - observed in the USA.
- Saint Quirinus (d. 117)
- Saint Veronus
- Blessed Amadeus IX of Savoy
- Ry Redd: Brazilian astrologer who works with reincarnation techniques; the author of two books.
- Ron Garvin: Canadian-American wrestler and referee.
- SD Jones: Antiguan wrestler (d. 2008).
- Johnnie Walker: English radio host.
- Eric Clapton: British musician, a strong lead vocalist who has played blues guitar in various bands.
- Karel Moor: Composer, dies at 71.
- USSR invades Austria during WWII
- 289 anti-fascists murdered by Germans in Rombergpark, Dortmund.
- World War II: Soviet Union forces invade Austria and take Vienna; Polish and Soviet forces liberate Gdansk.
- The Red Army pushes most of the Axis forces out of Hungary and into Austria.
- Alger Hiss congratulated in Moscow for his part in bringing positions of Western powers and the USSR closer to each other at the Yalta Conference.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1945 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Martha Tilton - I Should Care
- (All of a Sudden) My Heart Sings - Johnnie Johnston
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?