Wednesday 3 November 1982
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of November people in US were listening to Up Where We Belong by Joe Cocker.
In UK I Don't Wanna Dance by Eddy Grant was in the top 5 hits.
Creepshow, directed by George A. Romero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1982
while Space by James A. Michener was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1982.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 November 1982!
Which were the important events of 3 November 1982 ?
- St. Pirmin
- Japan - Culture Day (post 1946), Emperors Birthday (pre 1946)
- St. Winifred
- Also see November 3 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- St. Vulganius
- St. Valentine & Hilary
- St. Valentinian
- St. Quaratus
- St. Martin de Porres
- St. Florus
- St. Domnus of Vienne
- St. Papulus
- St. Cristiolus
- Independence Day in Panama (1903, from Colombia), Dominica (1978, from Britain) and Federated States of Micronesia (1986, from France)
- St. Englatius
- R.C. Saints - November 3rd is the feast day of the following Roman Catholic Saints: St. Acepsimas
- St. Germanus
- St. Guenhael
- St. Hermengaudis
- St. Hubert
- Mike Jenkins: American strongman (d. 2013).
- Moniek Kleinsman: Dutch speed skater.
- Egemen Korkmaz: Turkish footballer.
- Pekka Rinne: Hockey Player.
- Evgeny Plushenko: Russian figure skater.
- Evgeni Plushenko: Former Russian ice skater, he won a lot of Olympic medals (one gold in 2008, two silver in 2002 and 2010, gold with the Russian team in 2014) and world titles. He has been engaged in politics after this brilliant career.
- Edward H Carr: British historian, dies at 90.
- Detroit blocks 20 Cleveland Cav shots tying NBA regulation game record
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average surges 43.41 points, or 4.25 prercent, to close at 1,065.49, its first all-time high in more than nine years.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1982 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joe Cocker - Up Where We Belong
- Men At Work - Who Can It Be Now?
- Olivia Newton-John - Heart Attack
- Michael McDonald - I Keep Forgettin'
- John Cougar - Jack & Diane
- The Alan Parsons Project - Eye In The Sky
- Neil Diamond - Heartlight
- America - You Can Do Magic
- Laura Branigan - Gloria
- Lionel Richie - Truly
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?