Friday 3 October 1969
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eddie Sutter and Mike Saunders.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Sugar, Sugar by The Archies.
In UK Bad Moon Rising by Creedence Clearwater Revival was in the top 5 hits.
The Undefeated, directed by Andrew V. McLaglen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Mary Mungo & Midge.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1969.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 October 1969!
Which were the important events of 3 October 1969 ?
- Eddie Sutter: NFL linebacker (Cleveland Browns, Atlanta Falcons).
- Mike Saunders: CFL running back (Saskatchewan Roughriders).
- Shane Butterworth: Actor (Timmy-Bad News Bears).
- Stephen Scahill: Featherston, New Zealand -- Australasia golfer.
- Travis Hill: NFL linebacker (Carolina Panthers).
- Tetsu: Japanese bassist (L'Arc~en~Ciel)
- Gwen Stefani: American singer, songwriter, fashion designer, and actress. She is the co-founder and lead vocalist of the rock band No Doubt. During the band's hiatus, Stefani embarked on her solo career, releasing her debut album Love. Angel. Music. Baby. in 2004. Inspired by music of the 1980s, the album was a success with sales of over seven million copies. It spawned three major hit singles: "What You Waiting For?," "Rich Girl," and "Hollaback Girl," the latter becoming the first US digital download to sel
- Carl Thomas: American basketball player: guard, Cavaliers.
- Garry Herbert: English rower and sportscaster
- Yuriko Ishida: Japanese actress
- Sulev Iva: Estonian linguist and author
- Tetsuya : Japanese singer-songwriter bass player and producer (L'Arc-en-Ciel)
- Skip James: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 1969).
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Archies - Sugar, Sugar
- Oliver - Jean
- Bobby Sherman - Little Woman
- Three Dog Night - Easy To Be Hard
- The Temptations - I Can't Get Next To You
- The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Green River
- Nilsson - Everybody's Talkin'
- Sly & the Family Stone - Hot Fun In The Summertime
- The Dells - Oh, What A Night
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?