Tuesday 4 February 1936
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Petrified Forest, directed by Archie L. Mayo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 4 February 1936 ?
- Saint Veronica, patron saint of photographers
- Ancient Latvia - Biezputras Diena observed.
- Independence Day in Sri Lanka (1948).
- Angolan Anniversary of the Outbreak of Armed Struggle against Portuguese Colonialism.
- Saint Gilbert (d. 1189)
- Saint John Hector de Britto
- Saint Rembert of Torhout
- David Brenner: American comedian actor and author (d. 2014).
- Claude Nobs: Founder and general manager of the Montreux Jazz Festival.
- Daan van Golden: Dutch sculptor.
- Gary Conway in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor (Burke's Law, Land of the Giants).
- Wilhelm Gustloff: German leader of the Swiss NSDAP (Nazi) party, with about 5000 members among the 100'000 Germans living in Switzerland.
- 1st radioactive substance produced synthetically (radium E)
- Radium becomes the first radioactive element to be made synthetically.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?