Wednesday 4 October 1944
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
To Have and Have Not, directed by Howard Hawks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1944
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1944.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 4 October 1944!
Which were the important events of 4 October 1944 ?
- Colin Bundy: South African-English historian and academic.
- Rocío Dúrcal: Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006).
- Eddie Gómez: Puerto Rican bass player (Steps Ahead).
- Tony La Russa: American baseball player and manager.
- John McFall: Baron McFall of Alcluith Scottish educator and politician.
- Patty LaBelle: Singer (LaBelles-Lady Marmalade, If You Asked Me Too)
- Rocio Durcal: Spanish singer and actress (d. 2006)
- British troops land on Greek continent
- St. Louis Browns win 1st World Series game in their only appearance
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1944 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Smoke on the Water - Red Foley
- Together - Guy Lombardo & His Royal Canadians
- It Could Happen To You - Jo Stafford
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?