Friday 5 January 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joel Wyner and Donald John Cowie in Auckland.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1962 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Joel Wyner: Actor / director (Lyle Springer-Sirens, Listen, Club).
- Donald John Cowie in Auckland: New Zealand; yachting Star class (Olympics-1996).
- Danny Jackson US baseball pitcher (Kansas City Royals: Philadelphia Phillies, Saint Louis Cardinals).
- Perry Fenwick: English actor.
- Mark Lynch: Family Member.
- Suzy Amis: American actress and model
- Danny Jackson: American baseball player and manager
- Andrew Rawnsley: English journalist and author
- Tony Sheridan and beatles produce My Bonnie andThe Saints
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?