Wednesday 3 January 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1962 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Telma Lip: Brazilian transvestite from the time he was a teen, considered a rival to gorgeous model Roberta Close.
- Ulrike Lang: Writer.
- Darren Daulton: US baseball catcher (Philadelphia Phillies).
- Gavin Hastings: WLAF kicker (Scottish Claymores).
- Hermann Lux: German footballer and manager (d. 1962).
- Ground is broken for the Houston Astrodome
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?