Saturday 5 January 1963
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Ambrose and Jeff Fassero in Springfield.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Telstar by The Tornadoes.
Days of Wine and Roses, directed by Blake Edwards, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
On TV people were watching The Dakotas.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1963.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 January 1963!
Which were the important events of 5 January 1963 ?
- Mungday (Discordianism)
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Neumann.
- The eleventh day of Christmas in Western Christianity, and the Twelfth Night of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Rick Ambrose: singer (Jewel).
- Jeff Fassero in Springfield: Illinois, USA; pitcher (Montreal Expos).
- Philippe Bercovici: French graphic artist, a comics artist of Franco-Belgian comics.
- Bertrand Dutruel: French racehorse trainer and jockey.
- Rocky Kelly: British professional welterweight boxer.
- Pete Watson: British self-taught astrologer since having his chart read in 1982. As well >as being an astrologer, he has worked as assistant houseparent to children suffering from epilepsy, a barman, a charity fundraiser (in the first six months of 1986 he organised a national cycling event with two friends which raised thousands of pounds for the Intermediate Technology Development Group and led to him cycling 2,000 miles throughout Britain) , computer >trainer for adults with severe learning disabilities,
- Jeff Fassero: American baseball player and coach
- Rogers Hornsby: American baseball player coach and manager (d. 1963).
- Camelot closes at Majestic Theater NYC after 873 performances
- Carnival! closes at Imperial Theater NYC after 719 performances
- San Diego Chargers beat Boston Patriots 51-10 in AFL championship game.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tornadoes - Telstar
- Steve Lawrence - Go Away Little Girl
- Chubby Checker - Limbo Rock
- Marcie Blane - Bobby's Girl
- The 4 Seasons - Big Girls Don't Cry
- Brook Benton - Hotel Happiness
- Lou Monte - Pepino The Italian Mouse
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Bob B. Soxx And The Blue Jeans - Zip-A-Dee Doo-Dah
- The Exciters - Tell Him
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?