Thursday 18 January 1962
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 18 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 18 January 1962 ?
- Winnie The Pooh Day (In observance of the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne, 1882.)
- Christian ecumenism - Week of Prayer for Christian Unity begins
- Al-Hilli Saad: British engineer of Iraki descent (English-born Iraki), victim of the "Annecy shootings" on a parking space, driving a red BMW.
- Alison Arngrim: Actress (Nellie-Little House of the Prairie).
- David O'Connor: American horse rider.
- Raymond Moulaert: Composer, dies at 86.
- Southern University closed due to demonstrations
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- US begins spraying foliage in Vietnam to reveal Viet Cong guerrillas.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Sue Thompson - Norman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?