Wednesday 5 September 1979
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic). In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Time After Time, directed by Nicholas Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while Sophie'S Choice by William Styron was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1979.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 5 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 5 September 1979 ?
- Julien Lizeroux: World Cup alpine ski racer from France who competes in the technical events and specializes in the slalom.
- John Carew: Norwegian footballer.
- Stacey Dales: Canadian basketball player and sportscaster.
- Stewart Holden: English scrabble player.
- Salvatore Mastronunzio: Italian footballer.
- George O'Callaghan: Irish footballer
- Alberto di Jorio: former head of the Vatican Bank and secretary of the 1958 conclave (Born 1884).
- Canada puts its 1st gold bullion coin on sale
- Iran army occupies Piranshahr
- Roscoe Tanner fires 11 aces, breaks the net with his bullet serve and upsets top-seeded Bjorn Borg in US Tennis Open quarterfinals
- Earl of Mountbatten funeral held in Burma.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Chic - Good Times
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Barbra Streisand - The Main Event & Fight
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?