Tuesday 11 September 1979
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Jimmy Carter (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Nathan Gale and Éric Abidal.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to My Sharona by The Knack.
In UK We Don't Talk Anymore by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Time After Time, directed by Nicholas Meyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1979
while The Last Enchantment by Mary Stewart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Detective Story.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Monaco GP or Temple of Apshai.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 September 1979!
Which were the important events of 11 September 1979 ?
- Nathan Gale: American murderer (d. 2004).
- Éric Abidal: French footballer who played as a left back or a central defender.
- Josiah Spaulding: American son of noted Boston, MA family, accused and convicted of assault and battery.
- Ariana Richards: American actress.
- Leon Cort: English footballer.
- Frank Francisco: Dominican baseball player
- Steve Hofstetter: American comedian journalist and author
- David Pizarro: Chilean footballer
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1979 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Knack - My Sharona
- Earth, Wind and Fire - After The Love Has Gone
- Charlie Daniels Band - The Devil Went Down To Georgia
- Electric Light Orchestra - Don't Bring Me Down
- Maxine Nightingale - Lead Me On
- Robert John - Sad Eyes
- Little River Band - Lonesome Loser
- Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Love This Way Again
- Chic - Good Times
- Commodores - Sail On
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?