Tuesday 6 July 1915
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Have a look at the old newspapers from 6 July 1915 and get them!
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 6 July 1915 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
See other famous people born on 06 July
Victor Tanguy: French military general, an air force commander in World War II.
Laverne Andrews: Minneapolis, Minnesota -- Singer (Andrews Sisters).
Marcel Quinet: Belgian pianist / composer (Vague et Sillon).
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
He Comes Up Smiling - Arthur Fields
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1915?
- Science: Science vol. 42 issue 1070
- Science: Science vol. 41 issue 1069
- Science: Science vol. 41 issue 1068
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Newton Booth Tarkington (1869-1946) was an American novelist and dramatist best known for his Pulitzer Prize-winning novels The Magnificent Ambersons and Alice Adams. Booth Tarkington was born in Indianapolis.
My name is Hugh Paret. I was a corporation lawyer, but by no means a typical one, the choice of my profession being merely incidental, and due, as will be seen, to the accident of environment.
This early 20th-century classic chronicles the adventures of an orphaned newspaper boy in his "hand-to-hand scuffle" with life in a midwestern metropolis. Gene Stratton-Porter's faith in the healing power of nature is also apparent, in a lovingly depicted tamarack swamp ...
Della Wetherby tripped up the somewhat imposing steps of her sister's Commonwealth Avenue home and pressed an energetic finger against the electric-bell button. From the tip of her wing-trimmed hat to the toe of her low-heeled shoe she radiated health, ...
Tell the world why 6 July 1915 is such a special date for you!