Thursday 1 July 1915
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1915.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1915!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1915 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Jean Stafford: American writer and Pulitzer Prize winning short-story writer in 1970, she also wrote novels, the first of which was published in 1944, entitled "Boston Adventures.
- Viscount Leverhulm: English large landowner (Unilever).
- Willie Dixon: American singer-songwriter guitarist and producer (d. 1992).
- Joseph Ransohoff: American soldier and neurosurgeon (d. 2001).
- Nguyễn Linh: Vietnamese politician (d. 1998).
- Australian Survey Corps becomes part of the Military Forces.
- Australia begins Commonwealth Lighthouse Service.
- Lieutenant Kurt Wintgens achieves the first known aerial victory with a synchronized gun-equipped fighter plane, the Fokker M.5K/MG Eindecker.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1915 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- In the Land of Love with the Song Birds - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- Serenade: Spanish Dance No. 2 - Pablo Casals
- By the Waters of Minnetonka - Alice Nielsen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?