Thursday 6 July 1916
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Flirting with Fate, directed by Christy Cabanne, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1916
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 1916!
Which were the important events of 6 July 1916 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Harold Norse: American poet and author (d. 2009).
- Odilon Redon: French artist, painter, etcher and lithographer who created "In the Dream," 1879 and "Night," 1886, using dramatic contrasts of black and white to express his emotions and dreams.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1916 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Fair Hawaii - Elsie Baker & Reed Miller
- Where Did Robinson Crusoe Go with Friday on Saturday Night? - Al Jolson
- Good-Bye, Good Luck, God Bless You - Ernest Ball
- My Bonny Bonny Jean - Harry Lauder
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1916?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?