Wednesday 7 February 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 7 February 1962 ?
- Blessed Eugenia Smet (d.1871)
- Independence Day in Grenada (1974).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mulk (Dominion) - First day of the 18th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Sapporo Snow Festival in Sapporo, Japan (2005).
- Saints Paul Miki and his 25 companians (d. Nagasaki, 1597)
- Juan Saba: Raised in Buenos Aires, Argentinia, his interest in astrology led him to Spain, where he got the API diploma in 1999.
- David Bryan: rock keyboardist (Bon Jovi - "You Give Love a Bad Name").
- Garth Brooks in Tulsa: Oklahoma, USA; country singer ("No Fences", "Ropin' the Wind").
- Eddie Izzard: British heterosexual male transvestite stand-up comedian, actor and entertainer.
- Garth Brooks: American country-western musician considered the most-loved and best-paid in history.
- Beatrice Boepple: American actress, perhaps best known for her role as Amanda Krueger in the 1989 horror movie A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child. She also starred in the 1987 film Stakeout.
- Clara Nordstrom: German writer and translator (Born 1886).
- President Kennedy begins blockade of Cuba
- Sam Snead wins LPGA Royal Poinciano Plaza Golf Invitational
- Gas explosion in Luisanthal coal mine in Voelklingen, Germany, kills 298.
- US President John Kennedy begins blockade of Cuba.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?