Wednesday 28 February 1962
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Duke Of Earl by Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler).
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
Last Year at Marienbad, directed by Alain Resnais, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 28 February 1962 ?
- Blessed Antonia of Florence (d. 1472)
- Saint Silvana
- Saint Rufinus
- Saint Oswald (d. 992)
- Bah�'f Faith - Day 3 of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- Saint Romanus (died 463)
- Angela Bailey: England, United Kingdom -- Canadian 4X100m relayer (1984 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Chunli Li: Auckland, New Zealand -- Table tennis player (1996 Olympics).
- Steve Tsujiura: hockey forward (Team Japan 1998).
- Harold Ogden "Chic" Johnson: Comedian (Olsen & Johnson), dies at 70.
- WMGM-AM in New York City changes call letters to WHN
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Bruce Channel - Hey! Baby
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- The Everly Brothers - Crying In The Rain
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Kenny Ball and His Jazzmen - Midnight In Moscow
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Gene McDaniels - Chip Chip
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?