Friday 9 February 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Peppermint Twist - Part 1 by Joey Dee & the Starliters.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, directed by Vincente Minnelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Franny And Zooey by J.D. Salinger was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1962.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 February 1962!
Which were the important events of 9 February 1962 ?
- Saint Apollonia, patron saint of dentists and dental technicians
- Saint Ansbert of Rouen
- Saint Maroon's Day - Lebanon
- Martin D Lascelles: grandson of English princess Mary.
- Diego Perez: in Spain; tennis star.
- Filippo Gaudenzi: Italian journalist and television personality, who started his career in the 1980s, first as a radio journalist presenting the morning editions of "Gr2" on Rai until 1994.
- Zoe Lund: American musician turned model, actress, and screenwriter.
- Anik Bissonnette: French-Canadian ballet dancer (Les Grands Ballets Canadiens).
- Csaba Kesjár: Hungarian race car driver (d. 1988)
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
- Jamaica signs agreement to become independent.
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Duke Of Earl - Duke Of Earl (Gene Chandler)
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Sue Thompson - Norman
- Dion - The Wanderer
- Brenda Lee - Break It To Me Gently
- Burl Ives - A Little Bitty Tear
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - Dear Lady Twist
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?