Saturday 7 May 2011
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic). In that special week of May people in US were listening to E.T. by Katy Perry.
Thor, directed by Kenneth Branagh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2011.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 7 May 2011 ?
- USA - National Masturbation Day (Declared by Good_Vibrations_(sex_toy_business)) Now in its 11th year - 
- Blessed Gisela (died 1060)
- Saint Domitian of Huy, apostle of the Meuse valley
- Bulgaria - Radio and Television Day (see above)
- Russia - Radio Day (commemorating the work of Alexander Popov)
- Saint Flavia Domitilla
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 07 May
- 2011 Syrian uprising
- Sources claim that the Syrian Army storms into the city of Baniyas attacking Sunni districts that have opposed President Bashar al-Assad during the 2011 Syrian protests. (Al Jazeera)
- 2011 Libyan civil war
- The Libyan Armed Forces bomb large fuel storage tanks in the town of Misrata, destroying the tanks and causing a large fire. (Reuters)
- Sectarian violence in northern Nigeria kills at least 16 people. (Reuters)
- Gunmen attack the compound of the Governor of Afghanistan's Kandahar Province and other facilities in the city of Kandahar with two dead and 29 injured. (AFP via France 24)
- Al Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb denies responsibility for a bomb attack on a Marrakesh cafe that killed 16 people on April 28. (Reuters)
- The United States releases videos of Osama bin Laden captured in last Sunday's raid. (MSNBC)
- At least five people are killed and 54 injured in sectarian clashes in the Imbaba area of Cairo. (Reuters via Yahoo! News)
- The government of Tunisia declares an overnight curfew in the capital Tunis following three days of unrest. (France 24)
- Sony states that it will delay the restart of its PlayStation Network following the PlayStation Network outage, and that it has managed to remove user data that had been posted online by a third party. (Reuters via HuffingtonPost)
- A Merpati Nusantara Airlines Xian MA60 passenger plane with 25 passengers crashes into the sea near the Indonesian province of West Papua with no survivors. (AFP via''Calgary Herald'')
- Spring 2011 Mississippi River Floods
- The Spring 2011 Mississippi River Floods continue, with thousands of homes now ordered evacuated. ''(Voice of America)''
- The 1927 Mississippi flooding record expected to be broken. ''(Slate)''
- The floods have disrupted major food and energy distribution in affected states. ''(Bloomberg)''.
- The wreckage of a plane that crashed in Bolivia on Thursday has been found with four United Nations staff and two pilots dead. (United Nations)
- China, Kyrgyzstan and Tajikistan conduct an anti-terror drill in the restive Xinjiang region of western China. (Xinhua)
- Three Russian human rights activists monitoring trials of opposition activists in Belarus are expelled. (RIA Novosti)
- The ''Yomiuri'' reports that Japan and the United States have given up on plans to relocate Marine Corps Air Station Futenma from Okinawa by 2014. (Reuters via MSNBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 2011 ?
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?