Monday 7 September 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Stage Struck, directed by Busby Berkeley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1936!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1936 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Buddy Holly: American musician, songwriter and performer who was a major rockabilly artist, beginning with pure country and then moving on to original soft-rock with his three-man group, "Buddy Holly and the Crickets.
- Romualds Kalsons: Composer.
- Brian Hart: English race car driver and engineer founded Brian Hart Ltd.
- Apostolos Kaklamanis: Greek lawyer and politician Greek Minister of Justice.
- Jorge Porcel: Comedy actor and television host from Argentina.
- Boulder Dam (now Hoover Dam) begins operation
- The last surviving member of the thylacine species, Benjamin, dies alone in her cage at the Hobart Zoo in Tasmania.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?