Wednesday 7 September 1955
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of September people in US were listening to The Yellow Rose Of Texas by Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus.
In UK Rose Marie by Slim Whitman was in the top 5 hits.
Journey to Italy, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1955
while Something Of Value by Robert Ruark was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1955.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 September 1955!
Which were the important events of 7 September 1955 ?
- Also see September 7 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Brazil - Independence day (from Portugal, 1822)
- Mozambique - Victory Day
- RC Saints - Saint Regina; Saint Evurtius (Heortius), St. Cloud (Clodoald)
- Leonard Haze: American musician and record producer.
- Patsy Webb: American model, the youngest model ever given an exclusive contract by a cosmetic firm.
- Mira Furlan: Croatian-American actress and singer.
- Heino Puuste: Estonian javelin thrower and coach.
- Efim Zelmanov: Russian mathematician and academic.
- Earnest Rabel: Austrian / US civil rights activist, dies at 81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1955 ?
Top #8 songs in the USA
- The Four Lads - Moments To Remember
- Mitch Miller Orchestra & Chorus - The Yellow Rose Of Texas
- Pat Boone - Ain't That A Shame
- Bill Haley and His Comets - (We're Gonna) Rock Around The Clock
- Frank Sinatra - Learnin' The Blues
- Roger Williams - Autumn Leaves
- Fontane Sisters - Seventeen
- Boyd Bennett - Seventeen
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?