Sunday 8 August 1965
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of August people in US were listening to I'm Henry VIII, I Am by Herman's Hermits.
In UK Help! by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Help!, directed by Richard Lester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1965.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1965!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1965 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Aaron Abeyta: American musician.
- Angus Fraser: English cricketer manager and journalist.
- El Hefe: American guitarist and trumpet player (NOFX).
- Kate Langbroek: Australian media personality.
- Akitoshi Saito: Wrestler (NJPW).
- Marlene Hagge wins LPGA Milwaukee Golf Open
- Singapore leaves Malaysian Federation
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Herman's Hermits - I'm Henry VIII, I Am
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- Tom Jones - What's New Pussycat
- Gary Lewis and the Playboys - Save Your Heart For Me
- Sonny & Cher - I Got You Babe
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- The Dave Clark Five - I Like It Like That
- Jay and the Americans - Cara-Mia
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- Patty Duke - Don't Just Stand There
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?