Saturday 8 February 1936
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cletis Boyer and Larry Verne.
The Prisoner of Shark Island, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1936!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1936 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Cletis Boyer: third baseman (New York Yankees).
- Larry Verne: singer (Custer).
- Francis Sejersted: Norwegian history professor and chairman of the Norwegian Nobel Committee (which awards the Nobel Peace Price).
- Charles Curtis: American lawyer and politician 31st Vice President of the United States (d. 1936).
- 1st NFL draft, Eagles select Heisman Trophy winner Jay Berwanger
- 1st ski jumping tournament, Red Wing, Minnesota
- 1st successful Toronto Maple Leaf penalty shot, Conacher vs. Rangers
- Pandit Jawaharlal follows Gandhi as chairman of India Congress Party.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 February 1936
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?