Friday 8 January 1937
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Moran and Bob Eubanks in Flint.
Sabotage, directed by Alfred Hitchcock, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
On TV people were watching Re-View.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1937!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1937 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Robert Moran: Composer.
- Bob Eubanks in Flint: Michigan, USA; TV host (Newlywed Game).
- Dame Shirley Bassey: Welsh singer.
- Shirley Bassey: British-Welsh singer noted for her dynamic style and powerful voice.
- Caroline Lacan: French noted offspring, the eldest child of famous psychoanalyst Jacques Lacan and his first wife, Marie-Louise Blondin.
- Louis Le Pensec: French politician who is a member of the Socialist Party. Between 1973 and 1997, he was a member of the Parliament. Since 27 September 1998, he is a Senator of Finistère.
- Louis Lepensec: Mellac Politician
- John Felix August Korling: Composer, dies at 72.
- -50 degrees F (-45.6 degrees C), San Jacinto, Nevada (state record low).
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?