Monday 8 February 1960
It was Monday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican). In that special week of February people in US were listening to Teen Angel by Mark Dinning.
In UK Why by Anthony Newley was in the top 5 hits.
Sink the Bismarck!, directed by Lewis Gilbert, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1960
while Advise And Consent by Allen Drury was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 February 1960!
Which were the important events of 8 February 1960 ?
- Nirvana Day - an annual Buddhist festival.
- Saint Jerome Emiliani.
- Saint Juventius
- Saint Mengold of Huy
- Saint Jacoba (d.1239)
- Slovenia - Pre?eren Day, the Slovenian cultural holiday.
- Boy Scouts of America - Scout Sunday; The Sunday preceding February 8 is designated as Scout Sunday and the following Saturday is designated as Scout Sabbath.
- Alex Scott: British horse trainer.
- Dino Ciccarelli in Ontario: Canada; NHL right wing (Minnesota North Stars, Washington Capitals).
- Linda Fratianne in Los Angeles: California, USA; figure skater (Olympics-silver-1980).
- Benigno Aquino III: Philippine President.
- Benigno Aquino: Filipino politician, the 15th President of the Philippines from June 2010.
- Dino Ciccarelli: Canadian ice hockey player
- Stuart Hamm: American bassist (Joe Satriani, Steve Vai)
- Alfred Gusenbauer: Austrian career politician who until 2008 spent his entire professional life as an employee of the Social Democratic Party of Austria (SPÖ) or as a parliamentary representative. He headed the SPÖ from 2000 to 2008, and served as Chancellor of Austria from January 2007 to December 2008. Since then he has pursued a career as a consultant and lecturer, and as a member of supervisory boards of Austrian companies.
- Congress opens hearings looking into payola
- US Congress opens hearings looking into payola.
- Boston Celtics' Bill Russell becomes first NBA player with 50 rebounds (51).
- Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom issues an Order-in-Council, stating that she and her family would be known as the House of Windsor, and that her descendants will take the name ''Mountbatten-Windsor''.
- The first eight brass star plaques are installed in the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1960 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Johnny Preston - Running Bear
- Mark Dinning - Teen Angel
- Marty Robbins - El Paso
- Jim Reeves - He'll Have To Go
- Jimmy Jones - Handy Man
- Where Or When - Dion and the Belmonts
- Jack Scott - What In The World's Come Over You
- Conway Twitty - Lonely Blue Boy
- Marv Johnson - You Got What It Takes
- Frankie Avalon - Why
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 February 1960 and get them!