Thursday 8 January 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1942 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- Vyacheslav Dmitriyevich: Zudov in USSR; cosmonaut (Soyuz 23).
- Stephen Hawking: British theoretical physicist who was a Professor at the University of Oxford.
- Yvette Mimieux: American film, stage and TV actress with a debut in "The Time Machine" in 1960.
- John Peterson: Rocker.
- Valya Balkanska: Bulgarian folk singer.
- Junichirō Koizumi: Japanese politician 56th Prime Minister of Japan
- Royce Waltman: American basketball player and coach (d. 2014)
- Walter Scavolini: Italian industrial entrepreneur, the creator of the modular kitchen called "the most beloved in Italy."
- Junichiro Koizumi: Japanese politician, elected Prime Minister on 4/24/2001, the 11th Japanese P.M. in 11 years. An iconoclastic reformer elected by the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP), Koizumi faces crises in every direction, politically, economically and historically, facing factions of dissent. A representative of "new" Japan, he is divorced, outspoken and has been called "a weirdo" for promoting the unpopular idea in the mid-‘90s of privatizing the profitable banking duties of the Post office.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 8 January 1942 and get them!