Thursday 8 January 1942
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Man Who Came to Dinner, directed by William Keighley, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1942.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 January 1942!
Which were the important events of 8 January 1942 ?
- Commonwealth Day is celebrated in Northern Mariana Islands.
- John Peterson: Rocker.
- Vyacheslav Dmitriyevich: Zudov in USSR; cosmonaut (Soyuz 23).
- Stephen Hawking: British theoretical physicist who was a Professor at the University of Oxford.
- Junichiro Koizumi: Japanese politician, elected Prime Minister on 4/24/2001, the 11th Japanese P.M.
- Yvette Mimieux: American film, stage and TV actress with a debut in "The Time Machine" in 1960.
- Walter Scavolini: Italian industrial entrepreneur, the creator of the modular kitchen called "the most beloved in Italy."
- Valya Balkanska: Bulgarian folk singer
- Junichirō Koizumi: Japanese politician 56th Prime Minister of Japan
- Royce Waltman: American basketball player and coach (d. 2014)
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?