Saturday 8 May 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sloan Wilson Norwalk Connecticut and Maurice Cranston.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1920 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Sloan Wilson Norwalk Connecticut: novelist (Man in the Gray Flannel Suit).
- Maurice Cranston: political scientist.
- Tom of Finland: Finnish fetish artist (d. 1991).
- Dionisio Diaz: Child protagonist of a heroic deed, embodied in the Uruguayan oral tradition.
- Michele Sindona: Italian-American banker and adviser who took refuge in the U.S.
- Édouard Will: French historian, who taught Greek history at the University of Nancy from 1955 to 1984 and directed the documentation center on the ancient Mediterranean world until 1985.
- Paul Maugain: Arc sous Cicon Journalist
- Saul Bass: American graphic designer and filmmaker (d. 1996)
- Tom of Finland : Finnish illustrator (d. 1991)
- Sloan Wilson: American author and poet (d. 2003)
- Gordon McClymont: Australian ecologist and academic (d. 2000)
- 46th Kentucky Derby: Ted Rice aboard Paul Jones wins in 2:09.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Swanee (from Sinbad) - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?