Saturday 8 May 1920
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1920 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Sloan Wilson Norwalk Connecticut: novelist (Man in the Gray Flannel Suit).
- Maurice Cranston: political scientist.
- Édouard Will: French historian, who taught Greek history at the University of Nancy from 1955 to 1984 and directed the documentation center on the ancient Mediterranean world until 1985.
- Paul Maugain: Arc sous Cicon Journalist.
- Saul Bass: American graphic designer and filmmaker (d. 1996).
- Tom of Finland : Finnish illustrator (d. 1991)
- Sloan Wilson: American author and poet (d. 2003)
- Gordon McClymont: Australian ecologist and academic (d. 2000)
- Dionisio Diaz: Child protagonist of a heroic deed, embodied in the Uruguayan oral tradition.
- Tom of Finland: Finnish fetish artist (d. 1991)
- Michele Sindona: Italian-American banker and adviser who took refuge in the U.S. in 1968 and was indicted in 1979 for a great banking scandal of laundering Vatican funds, with Mafia involvement and as many as ten deaths suspected. He was convicted on 3/18/1986 of contracting a murder by paying $50,000 to an American, William Joseph Arico, to kill Giorgio Ambrosoli who was found dead shortly after midnight on 7/12/1979 Milan, Italy. Two days after his conviction, Sindona was found in an irreversible coma on 3/20/
- 46th Kentucky Derby: Ted Rice aboard Paul Jones wins in 2:09.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Swanee (from Sinbad) - Al Jolson
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in May 1920?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?