Thursday 6 May 1920
It was Thursday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John Henderson and Ross Hunter.
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 6 May 1920 ?
- New Martyr Demetrios of the Peloponnesus (d. 1803)
- Seraphim the Struggler of Mt. Domvu
- Micah of Radonezh
- New Martyr Elias Ardunis
- Righteous Job the Long-suffering (OT)
- Barbarus the soldier, with Bacchus, Callimachus and Dionysios
- Barbaros the Robber in Thessaly
- Blessed Prudentia
- Saint Benedicta of Rome
- Saint Dominic Savio, patron saint of studying youth
- Saint Lucius
- Saint John in the Oil
- Saint Justus
- Sinaites of Serbia
- John Henderson: Lord-Lieutenant (Berkshire England).
- Ross Hunter: American film producer and actor.
- Kamisese Mara: Fijian statesman, considered the founding father of the modern nation of Fiji.
- Martha Beck: American convicted murderer (Born 1920).
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?