Wednesday 5 May 1920
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
The Flapper, directed by Alan Crosland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1920.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1920 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Andrée Debar: French actress and producer, who died on 24 January 1999 in Issy-les-Moulineaux, Hauts-de-Seine, France.
- Emile Roger: Lallaing Politician.
- John Hidalgo Moya: Architect / designer (Skylon).
- Jose Trias Monge: Porto Rican lawyer and judge.
- Polish troops occupy Kiev.
- US President Wilson makes Communist Labor Party illegal.
- German-Latvian peace treaty signed.
- Authorities arrest Nicola Sacco and Bartolomeo Vanzetti for alleged robbery and murder.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1920 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Rose Room - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
- Oh How I Laugh When I Think That I Cried Over You - Nora Bayes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?