Monday 8 May 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
See No Evil, Hear No Evil, directed by Arthur Hiller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 8 May 1989 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Nora Arnezeder: French actress and singer, born to a Catholic and Austrian father and a jewish Egyptian mother.
- Benoît Paire: French professional tennis player, he was finalist at the Serbian Open and semi-finalist at the Italian Open (defeated by Roger Federer).
- Nyle DiMarco: Model.
- Katy B: R&B Singer.
- Liam Bridcutt: English footballer.
- Paul McCartney releases My Brave Face andFerry Cross the Mersey
- US space shuttle STS-30 lands.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?