Wednesday 31 May 1989
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marco Reus and Sean Johnson.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Rock On by Michael Damian.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
No Holds Barred, directed by Thomas J. Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while While My Pretty One Sleeps by Mary Higgins Clark was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle of the Winds or The Dark Heart of Uukrul.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 31 May 1989 ?
- World No Tobacco Day.
- Syaday (Discordianism) (5th day of the season of Confusion, honors Apostle Sri Syadasti).
- Saint Gislemerio
- Saint Mechtilde of Diessen
- Saint Petronella.
- the Visitation of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- The Godiva procession.
- IT Day.
- Marco Reus: German footballer.
- Sean Johnson: Soccer Player.
- Pablo Alborán: Pop Singer.
- Lauren Barnes: American soccer player.
- Katherine Connors: American model Miss Iowa USA 2010.
- Bas Dost: Dutch footballer
- Noah Gundersen: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Courage)
- Daul Kim: South Korean model painter and blogger (d. 2009)
- Tanner Mayes: American porn actress
- Chase Stanley: Australian rugby player
- Rambling with Gambling 20,000th radio program on WOR-AM (NYC)
- 1st International Rock Awards
- 1st presentation of rock n roll Elvis awards
- Speaker of House Jim Wright resigns
- US Speaker of the House Jim Wright resigns.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 May 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Neneh Cherry - Buffalo Stance
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?