Saturday 27 May 1989
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Afgan Syahreza and Rodrigo de Triano.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
No Holds Barred, directed by Thomas J. Wright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Absolutely.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beach Volley or Hard Drivin'.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1989 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- Afgan Syahreza: Pop Singer.
- Rodrigo de Triano: English race horse (d. 2014).
- Igor Morozov: Estonian footballer.
- Ben Pringle: English footballer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?