Monday 22 May 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of May people in US were listening to Forever Your Girl by Paula Abdul.
In UK Hand On Your Heart by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, directed by Steven Spielberg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1989.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1989!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1989 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- Bradley Martyn: YouTube Star.
- Lexy Panterra: Dancer.
- Giordano Benedetti: Italian runner.
- Trevor Reckling: American baseball player.
- Steven DeGroote: South African classical pianist (Born 1953).
- Amid food riots and looting set off by inflation, Argentina declares a nationwide state of siege.
- Boris Yeltsin gains a seat on the Supreme Soviet of the Soviet Union.
- Tiananmen Square protests of 1989: The 10nbspm (33nbspft) high ''Goddess of Democracy'' statue is unveiled in Tiananmen Square by student demonstrators.
- NATO agrees to talks with the Soviet Union on reducing the number of short-range nuclear weapons in Europe.
- An attempted assassination of Miguel Maza Marquez, director of the Departamento Administrativo de Seguridad (DAS) in Bogotá, Colombia is committed by members of the Medellín Cartel, who kill 4 and injure 37.
- June 1–10 ndash Pope John Paul II visits Norway, Iceland, Finland, Denmark, and Sweden.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paula Abdul - Forever Your Girl
- Jody Watley - Real Love
- Michael Damian - Rock On
- Donny Osmond - Soldier Of Love
- Guns N' Roses - Patience
- Bette Midler - Wind Beneath My Wings
- New Kids On The Block - I'll Be Loving You (Forever)
- Bobby Brown - Every Little Step
- Bon Jovi - I'll Be There For You
- Lita Ford - Close My Eyes Forever
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?