Sunday 9 April 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Buck Rogers, directed by Ford Beebe, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1939.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 April 1939!
Which were the important events of 9 April 1939 ?
- Saint Waltrudis
- Saint Casilda
- Saint Ingofried
- Saint Hugo of Rouan
- Day of National Unity- (???????? ?????????? ???), an annual public holiday in Georgia.
- Araw ng Kagitingan (Day of Valor, celebrated as Bataan Day in Bataan) in the Philippines.
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Jal�l (Glory) - First day of the second month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Michael Learned: TV Actress.
- Gordon Smith: American professional football player who played tight end for five seasons for the Minnesota Vikings.
- Michael Learned in Washington DC: USA; actress (Olivia - The Waltons, Nurse).
- Emilio Serrano y Ruiz: Composer, dies at 89.
- Marian Anderson sings at the Lincoln Memorial, after having been refused the right to sing at the Daughters of the American Revolution's Constitution Hall.
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?