Saturday 9 August 1986
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Tyler ''Telle'' Smith and Adrianna DiLonardo.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II) by Peter Cetera.
In UK Papa Don't Preach by Madonna was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Wanderlust by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Equinox.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Annals of Rome or The Detective.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 9 August 1986 ?
- St. Nathy (or David)
- Feast day of the great martyr Saint Panteleimon in Russian Orthodox Church
- St. Fedlimid/Felimy
- St. Romanus Ostiarius
- St. Edith Stein
- Singapore: National Day
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Jean Vianney
- Tyler ''Telle'' Smith: American musician (The Word Alive).
- Adrianna DiLonardo: YouTube Star.
- Tyler Smith: Metal Singer.
- Michael Lerchl: German footballer.
- Daniel Preussner: German rugby player.
- : American singer-songwriter and bass player (The Word Alive In Fear and Faith and Greeley Estates)
- Rafaela Zanella: Brazilian model Miss Brazil 2006
- Joseph "Poeske" Scherens: Belgian cyclist, dies at 77.
- Honky Tonk Nights closes at Biltmore Theater NYC after 4 performances
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 9 August 1986
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Peter Gabriel - Sledgehammer
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Rod Stewart - Love Touch
- Kenny Loggins - Danger Zone
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Bananarama - Venus
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?