Friday 15 August 1986
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of August people in US were listening to Papa Don't Preach by Madonna.
In UK The Lady In Red by Chris De Burgh was in the top 5 hits.
Manhunter, directed by Michael Mann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Wanderlust by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1986.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 August 1986!
Which were the important events of 15 August 1986 ?
- Hawaii ? Toro Nagashi (Floating Lantern Ceremony) to commemorate the end of the second world war
- Poland ? Polish Armed Forces Day
- Eastern Orthodoxy ? Feast of the Dormition of the Theotokos, the commemoration of the death of Mary, the mother of Jesus.
- RC Saints ? Feast day of the Assumption of Mary, the mother of Jesus, Holy Day of Obligation. Public Holiday in: Austria, Belgium, Cameroon, Chile, C(te d'Ivoire, Croatia, Cyprus, East Timor, France, Greece, India, Italy, Lebanon, Lithuania, Malta, Mauritius, Poland, Portugal, Seychelles, Slovenia and Spain.
- Acadie ? National Day
- Egypt ? Flooding of the Nile Day
- India ? Independence Day (from the United Kingdom, 1947)
- Korea ? Liberation Day
- Italy ? "Ferragosto", remembrance of an ancient Roman holiday in honor of Augustus (Feriae Augusti)
- Liechtenstein ? Liechtenstein Day
- Tuva ? Tuva Republic Day, Naadym
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Alipius
- St. Arnoul/Arnulphus
- St. MacCartin/Ard/Aed
- The Assumption of Mary - a holy day of obligation
- Ancient Latvia ? M?ras
- Russ Money: Twitch Star.
- Natalia Kills: Pop Singer.
- Samantha Crain: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Maria Fowler: English model and actress.
- Besik Kudukhov: Russian wrestler (d. 2013).
- President Reagan decides to support a replacement for Challenger
- US President Ronald Reagan decides to support a replacement for the space shuttle Challenger.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Madonna - Papa Don't Preach
- Peter Cetera - Glory Of Love (Theme From The Karate Kid Part II)
- Belinda Carlisle - Mad About You
- Steve Winwood - Higher Love
- Jermaine Stewart - We Don't Have To Take Our Clothes Off
- Bananarama - Venus
- Lionel Richie - Dancing On The Ceiling
- Timex Social Club - Rumors
- Berlin - Take My Breath Away (Love Theme From Top Gun)
- Wham! - The Edge Of Heaven
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?