Wednesday 9 December 1925
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dina Merrill in New York City and Phyllis Hudson.
The Plastic Age, directed by Wesley Ruggles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1925
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 December 1925!
Which were the important events of 9 December 1925 ?
- Anti-Corruption Day 
- Calendar of saints: Saint Juan Diego Cuauhtlatoatzin : optional memorial
- Peter Fourier, founder of the Congregation of Notre Dame
- Also see December 9 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics); specifically the conception of Saint Anne
- Scandinavia (specifically Sweden): Anna's Day. Recognizes everyone named Anna, and marks the day to start the preparation process of the lutefisk to be consumed on Christmas Eve.
- Tanzania - Independence Day (of Tanganyika from Britain, 1961)
- Dina Merrill in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Operation Petticoat, Butterfield 8).
- Phyllis Hudson: American noted marriage, she once was the wife of Rock Hudson.
- Dina Merrill: American model, socialite and actress, the daughter of millionaire Edward F. Hutton and socialite Marjorie Meriweather Post.
- Roy Rubin: American basketball player and coach (d. 2013).
- Atıf Yılmaz: Turkish director producer and screenwriter (d. 2006).
- Eugene Gigout: French composer, musician and organist; published large amounts of organ music, including 400 short pieces with pedal ad lib, and church music.
- Pro football a hit in NYC; Grange and Bears beat Giants before 73,000
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1925 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Manhattan - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?