Thursday 9 June 1988
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sara Isakovic and Mae Whitman.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to One More Try by George Michael.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
Bull Durham, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching TV Pirata.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Aleste or Chase H.Q..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1988!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1988 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Sara Isakovic: Slovenian swimmer.
- Mae Whitman: American actress and voice actress.
- Sara Isaković: Slovenian swimmer.
- Sokratis Papastathopoulos: Greek football player.
- Bloodsport (1987), premieres in Germany
- Attorney General Meese orders Joseph Doherty deported to UK
- US Attorney General Edwin Meese orders Joseph Doherty deported to the United Kingdom.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - One More Try
- Rick Astley - Together Forever (Remix)
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Debbie Gibson - Foolish Beat
- The Jets - Make It Real
- Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
- Belinda Carlisle - Circle In The Sand
- Bruce Hornsby - The Valley Road
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?