Wednesday 29 June 1988
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Becky Jane Taylor and Ever Banega.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Dirty Diana by Michael Jackson.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
Coming to America, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rough Guide to Europe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Freedom Force or Grand Prix Circuit.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1988.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 June 1988!
Which were the important events of 29 June 1988 ?
- The Netherlands - Veterans Day.
- Feast of Saints Peter and Paul (also a local holiday in Rome, of which they are patron saints)
- Seychelles - Independence Day.
- Becky Jane Taylor: English singer.
- Ever Banega: Argentine footballer.
- Troy Deeney: Soccer Player.
- Éver Banega: Argentinian footballer.
- Elnur Mammadli: Azerbaijani martial artist.
- Emmy 15th Daytime Award presentation - Susan Lucci loses for 9th time
- The United States Supreme Court upholds the law allowing special prosecutors to investigate suspected crimes by executive branch officials.
- ''Morrison v. Olson'': The United States Supreme Court upholds the law allowing special prosecutors to investigate suspected crimes by executive branch officials.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?