Sunday 9 September 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1945 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Pieter-Dirk Uys: South African playwright, activist and performer specializing in satirization of social issues.
- Dee Dee Sharpe [Dione Larue]: US singer (I Love You Anyway).
- Omukama Patrick David Matthew Olimi Kaboyo II: King of Toro.
- Dee Sharp: American singer.
- Ton van Heugten: Dutch motocross racer (d. 2008).
- Ferruccio Ferragamo: Italian entrepreneur and noted family, the son of Salvatore Ferragamo, the famous shoe maker and founder of the industrial firm. From 1963 he began working on the production side of the family business, subsequently attending to the management of the international stores and from 1983, the financial and administrative side of the business. He continued his dad's high fashion shoe design and manufacture and became the CEO of Salvatore Ferragamo Firenze S.p.A, while sitting on the board of three o
- Danièle Raulet-Reynaud: French Maître Sommelier and wine educator, awarded Best Sommelier of France finalist in 1980.
- 1st bug in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweasers from a relay and taped into the log
- Jimmie Foxx hits his 534th and final home run.
- Philadelphia Athletics' Dick Fowler no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 1-0.
- Japanese in South Korea, Taiwan, China, Indochina surrender to Allies.
- Second Sino-Japanese War: Japan formally surrenders to China.
- The first case of a computer bug is found: a moth lodged in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at the Naval Weapons Center in Dahlgren, Virginia.
- ''Radio Republik Indonesia'' starts broadcasting.
- The Batu Lintang camp in Sarawak, Borneo is liberated by Australian forces.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?