Sunday 9 September 1945
It was Sunday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Dee Dee Sharpe [Dione Larue] and Omukama Patrick David Matthew Olimi Kaboyo II.
State Fair, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 9 September 1945 ?
- North Korea - Republic Day (1948)
- Eastern Orthodoxy - Synaxis of the Theopatores Joachim and Anna
- California - Admission Day (to commemorate the state's admission to the USA)
- Japan - Chrysanthemum Day (Kiku no Sekku)
- Tajikistan - Independence Day (from USSR, 1991)
- Dee Dee Sharpe [Dione Larue]: US singer (I Love You Anyway).
- Omukama Patrick David Matthew Olimi Kaboyo II: King of Toro.
- Ferruccio Ferragamo: Italian entrepreneur and noted family, the son of Salvatore Ferragamo, the famous shoe maker and founder of the industrial firm.
- Danièle Raulet-Reynaud: French Maître Sommelier and wine educator, awarded Best Sommelier of France finalist in 1980.
- Pieter-Dirk Uys: South African playwright, activist and performer specializing in satirization of social issues.
- 1st bug in a computer program discovered by Grace Hopper, a moth was removed with tweasers from a relay and taped into the log
- Jimmie Foxx hits his 534th and final home run.
- Philadelphia Athletics' Dick Fowler no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 1-0.
- Japanese in South Korea, Taiwan, China, Indochina surrender to Allies.
- Second Sino-Japanese War: Japan formally surrenders to China.
- The first case of a computer bug is found: a moth lodged in a relay of a Harvard Mark II computer at the Naval Weapons Center in Dahlgren, Virginia.
- ''Radio Republik Indonesia'' starts broadcasting.
- The Batu Lintang camp in Sarawak, Borneo is liberated by Australian forces.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- 11:60 P.M. - Harry James & His Orchestra
- Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes - Some Sunday Morning
- Gotta be This or That - Glen Gray & Casa Loma Orchestra
- I'll Buy That Dream - Helen Forrest & Dick Haymes
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?