Friday 21 September 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1945.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1945 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bjarni V Tryggvason: Reykjavik, Iceland -- Astronaut (STS 85).
- Ombrettqa Colli: Italian entertainer.
- Laurent Cathala: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Jerry Bruckheimer: American TV and movie producer responsible for action films like ""Flashdance," Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Black Hawk Down," as well as popular TV series like "CSI.
- Carole Feuerman: American artist, the creator of pop sculpture that shows in Tempe museum and in private collections.
- G Cameron: American singer (The Spinners and The Temptations)
- Richard Childress: American race car driver and businessman
- Shaw Clifton: Irish 18th General of The Salvation Army
- Kay Ryan: American poet and educator
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?