Friday 21 September 1945
It was Friday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bjarni V Tryggvason and Ombrettqa Colli.
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 21 September 1945 ?
- Mabon - Neopagan festival of Mabon
- International Day of Peace of the United Nations, as propagated by Peace One Day
- In ancient Greece, the eighth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the secret rites in the Telesterion finish and the feast, Pannychis, begins.
- Philippines - Thanksgiving Day
- Independence Day in Malta (1964), Belize (1981) & Armenia (1991)
- Also see September 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Matthew the Evangelist
- Bjarni V Tryggvason: Reykjavik, Iceland -- Astronaut (STS 85).
- Ombrettqa Colli: Italian entertainer.
- Laurent Cathala: French politician, a member of the National Assembly of France.
- Jerry Bruckheimer: American TV and movie producer responsible for action films like ""Flashdance," Pirates of the Caribbean" and "Black Hawk Down," as well as popular TV series like "CSI.
- Carole Feuerman: American artist, the creator of pop sculpture that shows in Tempe museum and in private collections.
- G Cameron: American singer (The Spinners and The Temptations)
- Richard Childress: American race car driver and businessman
- Shaw Clifton: Irish 18th General of The Salvation Army
- Kay Ryan: American poet and educator
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?