Wednesday 19 September 1945
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Mildred Pierce, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1945
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 September 1945!
Which were the important events of 19 September 1945 ?
- Heine Westenfluss's birthday, from Gundam SEED DESTINY.
- Hermione Granger's birthday, from J.K. Rowling's series Harry Potter.
- International Talk Like a Pirate Day
- Saint Kitts and Nevis - Independence Day (from Great Britain, 1983)
- Japan - Respect for the Aged Day (traditional - beginning in 2003, the holiday is held on the third Monday of September.)
- Chile - Armed Forces Day
- Church of England - Theodore of Tarsus
- Also see September 19 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Januarius
- In ancient Greece, the sixth day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the procession to Eleusis began at the Kerameikos in Athens.
- Lee Dorman: St. Louis, Missouri -- Rock bassist (Iron Butterfly).
- Randolph Mantooth in Sacramento: California, USA; actor (Emergency, Loving).
- David Bromberg in Philadelphia: Pennsylvania, USA; musician ("Demon in Disguise").
- Freda Payne in Detroit: Michigan, USA; singer ("Band of Gold").
- Benoît Lamy: Belgian motion picture writer-director.
- Bernard Poignant: French politician and Member of the European Parliament for the west of France. He is a member of the Socialist Party, which is part of the Party of European Socialists, and sits on the European Parliament's Committee on Fisheries and its Committee on Regional Development.
- Jessye Norman: American singer, one of opera's foremost dramatic sopranos, known internationally for a voice described as soprano on top, mezzo at the bottom.
- Randolph Mantooth: TV Actor
- Gérard Marais: French guitarist, conductor and arranger.
- Kate Adie: English journalist and author
- David Bromberg: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (The Deep)
- Kim Il Sung arrives in harbor of Wonsan, Korea
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1945 ?
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
Have a look at retro and vintage objects from 19 September 1945 and get them!