Monday 10 August 1931
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Bad Girl, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1931.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 August 1931!
Which were the important events of 10 August 1931 ?
- Roman festivals - Opalia, festival in honor of Ops
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 3 saints: St. Laurence
- Prisoner's Justice Day - Canada.
- Independence Day in Ecuador -- Movement began in Quito in 1809. Independence not achieved till May 1822.
- St. Deusdedit
- Ancient Latvia - Labrenca Diena held
- St. Blaan
- Alexis Gilliland: American writer of sci-fi, the author of seven novels as well as three collections of cartoons.
- Dolores Alexander: American journalist and activist (d. 2008).
- Tom Laughlin: American actor, producer, director and writer of low-budget independent films.
- Vera Colombo: Italian ballet dancer who made her debut at La Scala in 1953.
- Eugène Letendre: French road racer cyclist, who competed professionally from 1954 to 1963.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?